I took Bryce to Stillmeadow this morning and we found a Spiderman theme birthday invitation in his mailbox from one of his friends. I showed it to Bryce and he said, "I don't like Spiderman, Mom. Do you know what I have to say about that?" I replied, "No, Bryce. What do you have to say about that?" "Oh, shit," he said. I laughed thinking he probably didn't say what I think he said and asked him to repeat himself. He repeated, "shit." I thought for a second and wondered if I said that recently. Sadly, a few situations came to mind and I reminded myself not to ever do it again! I then told him that is a potty word and he can't say it again. I told him he would get in trouble if a teacher heard him say it. He looked at me with a bewildered face and said, "shit?" I replied, "Yes, Bryce. Shit is a very bad word." And that was the end of the conversation and hopefully Bryce won't say it again!
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Oh Sh**!
I took Bryce to Stillmeadow this morning and we found a Spiderman theme birthday invitation in his mailbox from one of his friends. I showed it to Bryce and he said, "I don't like Spiderman, Mom. Do you know what I have to say about that?" I replied, "No, Bryce. What do you have to say about that?" "Oh, shit," he said. I laughed thinking he probably didn't say what I think he said and asked him to repeat himself. He repeated, "shit." I thought for a second and wondered if I said that recently. Sadly, a few situations came to mind and I reminded myself not to ever do it again! I then told him that is a potty word and he can't say it again. I told him he would get in trouble if a teacher heard him say it. He looked at me with a bewildered face and said, "shit?" I replied, "Yes, Bryce. Shit is a very bad word." And that was the end of the conversation and hopefully Bryce won't say it again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment